Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Museum Site for Egyptology

Many of the larger museums are often thought of in terms of their Egyptology collections.  By this I mean such notables outside of Egypt such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Louvre, and The British Museum. I have been fortunate to visit all of these.  Additionally, I was lucky to catch the more recent Tut exhibit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  However, I have never been fortunate enough to actually visit Egypt herself.  

To my surprise, I along with many others have overlooked The University of Pennsylvania Museum's collection which is indeed quite impressive.  There exist extensive online interactive resources and a searchable database as well as a magazine all of which can be reached via the Museum's site at www.penn.museum.  It is worth the time to browse and see the various offerings!

No comments:

Post a Comment